Air pollution is the concentration of some substances present in the air that can cause undesirable effects. Below is given the effects of air pollution in Points.
Effects of air pollution in points
- If the carbon monoxide present in the air in higher conditions then it cause some harmful effects to the environment as well as living beings. CO lowers the amount of oxygen in the air enters our blood. It may make us feel sleepy and confused.
- As already known the higher concentration of the Carbon dioxide is responsible for the global warming.
- Higher concentration of CFC (Chlorofluorocarbons) is responsible for the destruction of the ozone layer.
- Lead concentration is increased in the air due to petrol and diesel engines. It can effect the human nervous system and in some cases, it leads to cancer.
- Suspended particulate matter (SPM) is consists of solids in the air. They are in the form of dust, smoke, and vapor. These particles can directly affect the lungs.
- Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) gas is produced from burning coal. SO2 is responsible for the acid rain which can lead to cancer and monuments destruction.
- Smog is responsible for the respiratory problem, and in the area where smog is high, people of that region normally lacks vitamin D.
- Indoor air pollution is the more major concern because in today’s world most of the time people remain indoors. This air pollution is mainly due to poor ventilation, airtight space, and raising pollutant levels.
- Radon gas which is naturally emitted by soils, but indoor its an air pollution. Radon causes the lung cancers.
- Formaldehyde is mainly from carpets, particle boards, and insulation foam. It causes allergies.
- Tobacco smoke is also one of the air pollution and it can cause chronic bronchitis, asthma and lung cancer, irritation of eyes and throat.
- Mercury which is mainly found in the airs of the industrial region responsible for the nervous disorder, insomnia, and memory loss problems.
- Radioactive pollutants which are produced from cosmic rays, x-rays and beta rays are far more dangerous than any above-given problems. They can instantly destroy living tissues and blood cells, and affect cell membrane or enzymes.
The above-given list or points of air pollution harmful effects are not fully, there are many other harmful effects of the air pollution and still not discovered all. As we know any new effects of air pollution we will update the list. If you know any additional harmful effects of air pollution please describe in the comment sections.