This is, hands down, the best book for CDS preparation. The book has been divided into 3 Sections and further sub-divided into various other topics. This is definitely one of the best CDS preparation books, and I recommend it for the serious CDS aspirant.
For CDSE aspirants, as I am one of these, the written book is great and complete in its contents. The only drawback may be the mistakes in typing. Although once you are practising queries you shall be in a position to conveniently find the typing errors. Other than that, there is absolutely no drawback in this content and overall.
And the idea provided for general research and on additional topics is also extremely good.
With enough example for every topics throughout the written book, one can practice easily in depth each one of the topic that will come in the CDS exam.
The Mathematics section is further divided into 28 chapters like:
- · Number System
- · Time & Distance
- · Percentage
- · Profit & Loss
- · Logarithm
- · Rational Expressions
- · Linear Equations
- · Set Theory
- · Height & Distance
- · Triangles
- · Circle
- · Locus
- · Statistics and more
- The English section has been divided into 9 chapters like:
- · Spotting the Errors
- · Vocabulary
- · Synonyms
- · Antonyms
- · Idioms & Phrases
- · Comprehension
Only when you have studied well and you intend to resolve the kind of questions asked in the CDS exam, buy this CDS exam book. The book contains two question papers of recent CDS examination at the beginning. The rest of the questions from 2007-2016 are further divided within their particular chapters. The book contains only queries and answers(with description). On the next page, you will notice the ‘Access code’ browse the guidelines their and you may get your free e-book.
It is some sort of practice book where you have lots of solved issue in a systematic way covering each subject. It doesn’t have theory, so I suggest buying this CDS exam book once you are well clear of the concepts of the topics that will be asked in the CDS exam.
How exactly to Prepare English for CDS Test?
The majority of the students fear the English section and usually start searching an ideal answer of how exactly to prepare for the CDS English Paper? English question paper includes 120 questions of 100 marks with the exact time duration of 02 hours. Through this paper, the examiner tests your simple English skills in a lot of ways through various types of Grammar and Vocabulary questions.
First, go through the entire CDS English Syllabus. Following is the complete syllabus for the English section of the CDS exam.
To get ready for English, develop the habit of reading. You can improve your reading habit via many resources like English Newspapers, Mags, Notes, books etc. and in addition improve your English writing, speaking, and listening habits. Make new term lists every day and try to utilise it in lots of sentences. Also, may sign up for English speaking classes as well.
Divide all sections and plan one by one.
Buy some CDS exam books for English to clear the concepts. I suggest the following book for improving your English.
How to Prepare for the General Knowledge (GK) section for CDS Exam?
CDS GK Paper questions include mainly topics from Constitution, History, Economy, Geography, Politics, Navy & Military and Current affairs etc. Again, develop a habit of reading the newspaper daily.
Additionally, buy some CDS preparation books that cover the current affairs. I recommend the following book fod CDS GK preparation.
How to Prepare for the Math section for CDS Exam?
Make a list on important formulas, theorems and tips check some of here Geometry formulas for Circle, Rectangle, Square, tangents etc. Speed Distance and Time related questions, Math Formula For Area & surface area, Math Formula For Volume, Maths Formulas Of Number System etc to prepare for CDS.
Practise more and more sums from each topic, and you will pretty much have this section sorted for the CDS exam.
Additionally, I recommend the following CDS exam book for the Math section.
Study Plan for CDS when 2 months are left
- Please refrain from learning new topics.
- If you haven’t yet practised the previous year’s question papers, do it now.
- Brush up your GK by getting your hands on some GK refresher books that are available online.
Here are some important tips for the exam day as well as the last week before the exam-
- Must have a solid hold of fundamentals; now is the time to revise just the basics with no more knowledge addition at this instant.
- Time management is essential for the exam and it could help in scoring more.
- Every single question do not need to be solved seeing that there is bad marking. Select everything from the topics you are best at and try solving it.
- Previous year papers ought to be checked to know what kind of questions appear and one particular mock test can be taken in the last day to see what may be the strategy that may help in the flow of solving.
- Evaluation question at first once you get it can help in recognising areas where questions that you are more powerful in and could end up being definitely solved by you may help and only the flow of solving ought to be decided.
- If you are stop at a spot just try moving forward and don’t waste a lot of time on any question.
- Speed and accuracy can only help in obtaining the examination clear and being needed the SSB.
- Mugging up issues doesn’t really help in such standard exams but if basics are clear you can win the battle easily.
Arihant publications books are quite useful for CDS. And CDS demands comprehensive study. NCERTs, Lucent, Laxmikanth polity etc. are important.